A number of people have been asking if they need a license to race Midweek Mayhem Events?

The short answer is ‘No’.  However you do need to be covered by the ABA Insurance.  You can be covered by this insurance via a couple different options:

1) If you are a paid member of a Registered Club, Bicisport, Cyclemeister, Synergy etc etc you are already an ABA General Member at minimum and this is enough

2)You can purchase a race license directly from the ABA,  just for Cyclocross which I believe is at a discounted rate.  This allows you to enter races on the weekend as well.  There are 18 races between Edmonton, Calgary, and Red Deer this yr.  That’s not including our handful of Tuesday/Wednesday night events.

3) You can purchase a General Membership from the ABA.  This is the cheapest option, but doesn’t let you do any racing on the weekend.

Hope this helps.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s